- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a food processor, cover and process cranberries until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in pineapple and sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in the marshmallows, whipped cream and pecans. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forCranberry Ambrosia Salad
"How shocking, Thumper!! I am sorry for your horrible experience, but it had nothing at all to do with the recipe. My large family has eaten this delicious and beautiful salad, with fresh halved grapes instead of pineapple, for 60 years and not once had any illness. It was the ingredients or even another dish at the meal responsible for this tragedy."
"My Grandmother made this every Christmas!"
"I have made this recipe many times before and it's always a hit! I can't wait to have it again for Christmas! Thank you for sharing!"
"This is an oldie but goody recipe. I added some mandarin oranges, and all in all, it's just a great little recipe. Thank you for sharing !!"
"If you don't like cranberries, don't make this."
"I made this exactly like the recipe and used all fresh ingredients. My whole family had to be rushed to the emergency room and have their stomachs pumped. I am currently sueing Janet and her family fot all they own and will ever own again."
"VERY GOOD HOLIDAY SIDE OR dessert"
"Wonderful tasting cranberry salad that receives rave reviews at family gatherings. We think our grandmother Stella used to make it. Enjoy!"