This is an update to a recipe that's been in our family for three generations. The combination of white chocolate and amaretto mingled with seasonal cranberry is a favorite way to end any celebration's meal. —Jennifer Evans DaCastello, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans, optional
- 6 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla and spices. Stir in cranberries and, if desired, pecans. Gently stir in bread; let stand until bread is softened, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes.
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat baking chips and butter over low heat until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in amaretto. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Cranberry Amaretto Bread Pudding in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p71