Cranberry Almond Sweet Rolls
Perfect for brunch or a festive luncheon, these delicious sweet rolls feature tangy cranberries, crunchy almonds and vanilla chips. I don't save them just for special occasions, though. They're fun to serve anytime!
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (11 ounces) white baking chips, divided
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine the contents of the hot roll mix and yeast packet with the sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in the warm water, egg and butter to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll into a 15x10-in. rectangle; sprinkle with cranberries. Set aside 1/2 cup vanilla chips for glaze. Sprinkle almonds and remaining chips over cranberries.
- Roll up, starting with a long side; pinch edge to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt reserved vanilla chips; stir until smooth. Stir in the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 377 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Cranberry Almond Sweet Rolls in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.