This spinach salad from Angela Bottger of Foster City, California combines healthy ingredients like cranberries and almonds to create a side you can feel good about.
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 large tomato, chopped, optional
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, tomato if desired, almonds and cranberries. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Almond Spinach Salad in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p24