Cranberry-Almond Cornmeal Cake
This warm, comforting slow cooker dessert is the perfect sweet treat to ward off the wintertime blues. Top with a scoop of simple vanilla ice cream for an extra layer of flavor. —Shannon Kohn, Simpsonville, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 can (12-1/2 ounces) almond cake and pastry filling
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- In large bowl, whisk together corn bread mix, flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir in eggs, buttermilk and melted butter until combined. Pour batter into a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle batter with cranberries; drop almond filling by heaping tablespoons evenly over cranberries and batter.
- Cook, covered, on high until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 2 hours. If desired, serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 506 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Cranberry-Almond Cornmeal Cake in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.