VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450°.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack 15-20 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove foil and weights; bake 3-6 minutes longer or until bottom is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and melted butter until well blended. Gradually add flour until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients; pour into crust.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until top is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry & Walnut Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p64