- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup port wine or cranberry juice
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm or cover and refrigerate until chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews forCranberry & Port Wine Chutney
"What a delicious rich chutney - and very easy to make! I simmered it for 45 minutes, wanted it to be deeper in colour and thicker than it was after 30 minutes."