Folks who love the flavor of raspberries and cranberries rave about this tart molded gelatin salad. It's easy to make and pretty enough for company and festive occasions. I like to garnish it with whole cranberries and raspberries. -Judith Outlaw, Washougal, Washington
Recommended: 13 Fun Rainbow Treats
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (16 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 cups raspberry sherbet, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cranberries, raspberries, orange segments and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce until smooth. refrigerate for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in sherbet and lemon juice. Transfer to a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm.
- Unmold onto a serving platter. If desired, fill center with cranberries and raspberries, and garnish with oranges and mint. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Raspberry Sherbet Mold in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p25