Cran-Raspberry Holiday Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce and pineapple. Chill until partially set. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until set.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and let stand until cooled to room temperature.
- Whisk in a third of the whipped cream until smooth (mixture will be stringy at first). Fold in the remaining whipped cream. Spread over gelatin layer. Refrigerate until set.
Dec 7, 2009
I prepared this Cran-Raspberry pie today and isvery pleased with taste and appearance. This is a great pie to serve with Thanksgiving andChristmas meals. For nut lovers nuts can beadded to filling before placing in the crust. Iplan to prepare again for Christmas.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.