You'll love the sweet-tart flavor and beautiful ruby-red color of this chunky fruit salad from Katy Jarvis of Bear Creek, Wisconsin. "It's great served with a Thanksgiving turkey or with most any kind of meat," she writes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam or spreadable fruit
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Place cranberries, jam and gelatin mixture in a blender or food processor; cover and process until cranberries are coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl; stir in pineapple. Refrigerate until set.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 58 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Oct 24, 2012
This is a wonderful recipe. I absolutely loved it. I even tried it a second time and didn't have any raspberry jam so I used 1/4 c. orange marmalade. It was terrific. Such a versitle recipe. Thanks!