Cran-Orange Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- CRAN-ORANGE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon orange juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cloves
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients; rub over pork. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 25-28 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, 1/4 cup orange juice, ginger and cloves. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Add reserved juice to cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and remaining orange juice until smooth; stir into saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Fold in oranges. Serve with sliced pork.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 242 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Jan 27, 2012
I love orange cranberry juice so trying this recipe was a no-brainer. My meat-potatoes-gravy husband even liked it and said I would have to make it again. And best of all, it was really easy and quick!
Mar 3, 2011
I've made this a couple of times now and everytime I'm amazed at how wonderful all the seasonings compliment each other and the pork is so moist and tender. Absolutely a family favorite!! Plus it is easy to prepare after working all day.
Feb 2, 2011
I really enjoyed the mix of flavors in this dish.
Jan 1, 2011
Delicious. The spice rub gave the roast a wonderful flavor. Nice alternative to pork roast with sauerkraut. Wonderful paired with German-Style Cabbage and Beans from TOH and home-made stuffing and home-made applesauce.