- 1 package (18-3/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/3 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring, optional
- 1 carton (12 ounces) cranberry-orange sauce
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sliced almonds, optional
- In a mixing bowl, beat the first five ingredients until smooth. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. cake pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the cakes test done. Cool in pans for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- For frosting, combine cranberry-orange sauce, pudding mix and orange juice in a mixing bowl. Fold in whipped topping. Split cooled cakes in half horizontally. Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Garnish with almonds if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Reviews forCran-Orange Delight
"This is an awesome recipe for anytime the year! The flavorful cake will be a hit with everyone and no one will believe it all started with a cake mix. cake just as great As sheet cake and topped with Cool Whip. As a volunteer field editor for taste of home magazine I love recipes that can be assembled quickly and still give a great flavor and taste."
"Cranberry-orange sauce is generally sold as a frozen product. It may be seasonal and only available in the fall in some stores. Indian Trail is one brand to look for.If that can't be found, you could use whole-berry cranberry sauce and add 1-2 teaspoons of orange zest, or to your liking.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"Can you use cranberry orange relish? I don't know of any avail in stores, but have made it many times..."
"I was wondering the same thing. That is not something we have in the stores here in the South. Wonder if we could use cranberry sauce and add orange zest or chopped orange."
"What is cranberry orange sauce and where would one find it? I've purchased canned cranberry sauce, but don't know what kind of "carton" to look for regarding cranberry orange sauce. Please post if you can help. Thank you!"