Cran-Marnier Truffles Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Baking cocoa, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 234° (soft-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in dark chocolate until melted. Stir in the marshmallows, Grand Marnier and orange peel until blended. Stir in cranberries. Transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 3. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- 4. In a microwave, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to lined baking sheets; refrigerate until set.
- 5. Roll truffles in cocoa if desired. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 5 dozen.
Editor's Note: Store these truffles in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Allow them to come to room temperature before serving.
1 truffle: 96 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.