Cran-licious Christmas Punch
Here's a punch that both adults and children will enjoy. The fruity flavors are especially refreshing!—Helen Roland, Miami, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
Makes18 servings (about 3 quarts)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 cups water
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Strain mixture through a fine strainer, pressing mixture with a spoon; discard pulp and spices. Stir in juices. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, place mixture in a punch bowl; stir in water and ginger ale.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 128 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Grandma Marie's Cranlicious Christmas Punch in Country Woman Christmas 2010