Cran-Apple Wontons a la Mode Recipe
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Finely chopped toasted walnuts and additional honey
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Place 2 teaspoons of cranberry mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water; fold one corner diagonally over filling and press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.)
- 3. Place wontons on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Divide warm wontons among 12 serving plates. Top each with a scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with additional honey. Yield: 12 servings.
Editor's Note: The wontons may be frozen for up to 3 months. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
2 wontons with 1/3 cup ice cream (calculated without walnuts and additional honey): 195 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.