Cran-Apple Wontons a la Mode
These delightful wontons are a delicious array of flavors and textures. There's crisp, flaky wontons, sweet, tender apples and creamy ice cream. What a heavenly way to end a holiday meal.—Jamie Jones, Madison, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Finely chopped toasted walnuts and additional honey
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Place 2 teaspoons of cranberry mixture in the center of a wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water; fold one corner diagonally over filling and press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.)
- Place wontons on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Divide warm wontons among 12 serving plates. Top each with a scoop of ice cream. Sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with additional honey.
Editor's Note: The wontons may be frozen for up to 3 months. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 wontons with 1/3 cup ice cream (calculated without walnuts and additional honey): 195 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.