Cran-Apple Walnut Relish
For an extra special jelly during the fall season, try this recipe. The apples and cranberries compliment each other well.—Ball brand and Kerr brand home canning products
- 1 pound apples (about 6 small)
- 4 cups cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Peel, core and chop apples. Combine apples, cranberries, brown sugar and water in a Dutch oven. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in walnuts and cinnamon; cook for 5 minutes.
- 2. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
2 tablespoons: 81 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC