Cran-Apple Turkey Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- In a large skillet, combine apples, cider, broth, cranberries and nutmeg; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in turkey and stuffing mix. Cook, covered, 2-3 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 267 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 630mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Oct 16, 2016
Easy to make. I used turkey flavoered stuffing mix since it was what I had on hand.
Aug 21, 2016
This was delicious. I used 1 pound of ground turkey. Instead of cranberries, I used dried cherries. It reminded me of my mother's casserole that she made after Thanksgiving. I will definitely make this again.
Oct 25, 2015
Very easy to make. Good taste. Not blow my mind good or anything, but good. I will probably make it again but not on a regular basis. I used butterball lunch meat turkey from the deli department, cut thick, because i made this when it wasn't thanksgiving so i didn't have leftovers and it worked great.
Jan 25, 2011
not great but good my three-year-old really liked it .