Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped peeled apples
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add apples. Reduce heat; cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Do not freeze.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 59 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 11, 2011
Very yummy! A bit tart, but hey it's cranberries! If it wasn't suppose to be a just a topping for meats I would have eaten a bowl full! :) Can't wait till Christmas to have some with my turkey dinner! Yummmmmm! I wonder what it would be like on vanilla ice cream? hmmm, May have to try it out! :)