Here's an easy-to-prepare meal you'll enjoy year-round. The fruity glaze really complements the chicken, and the crumbled raisin bagel in the stuffing is a unique.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups corn muffin crumbs
- 1 day-old raisin bagel, crumbled
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup Grape-Nuts cereal
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a medium bowl, combine first 11 ingredients; toss well. Spoon into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cut each chicken breast half into four pieces; arrange over stuffing. Combine glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until butter is melted; spoon over chicken. Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 347 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook