Crackle Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, beat sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. With sugared hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie: 60 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Crackle Cookies
"Did not turn out right even though I followed recipe to a tee. Dough was runny and we couldn't form it into balls.... also didn't look like it would make 18 cookies. Looked like much less."
"Great cookie, but this does not yield 18 cookies. I got 27 cookies when doubling the recipe."
"Question: Is the amount of flour correct? Thanks!"
"This was my first time that I tried crackle cookies. They looked very nice and were tasty. When I make these again I will try different variations to these cookies possibly cinnamon. We enjoyed these with vanilla ice cream!"
"the amount of dough is not nearly enough to make the amount the recipe calls for unless you want tiny cookies."
"I make this every year for my dad for Christmas-- simple enough to make in between work, class, and essays (not to mention holiday shopping!). Great cocoa flavor, perfect with a mug of coffee."