- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- Cooking oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another bowl, combine cracker crumbs, garlic salt, oregano, tarragon and pepper. Cut perch into serving-size pieces; dip in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry fish for several minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCracker-Coated Fried Perch
"Made this recipe last night. It was great. I used Regular Ritz crackers. I used a deep fryer filled with Canola oil. Yum!"
"I make my lake perch (and talapia) similar to yours except I first dip the perch in flour, then egg, then panko bread crumbs."
"What kind of cracker is recommended?"