This versatile crab spread can be served warm or cold. Either way, it's delicious!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pound canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- Paprika and pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- Assorted crackers or Italian bread slices
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, pickle relish and lemon juice until blended. Stir in the crab, onion and celery. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with paprika and olives if desired. Serve with crackers.
- Or spread on slices of bread. Place on a baking sheet; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 60 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Christmas Eve Crabmeat Spread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006