Crabmeat Appetizer Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 27 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan; set aside. In a skillet, saute peppers and onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the cream, crab, Swiss cheese, pepper mixture and salt. Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 381 calories, 35g fat (21g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 26, 2017
So good! I cut it in wedges and freeze it. A quick and easy appetizer. Just thaw and serve with your favorite crackers or toasted baguettes.
Jan 12, 2013
Fantastic if you like the taste of crab you will love this. Served it with toasted baguette slices and crackers a big hit. thanks
Jul 24, 2009
followed the directions to a "T" but it still came out really runny - the flavor was delicious but the consistancy was off
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.