- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 packages (three 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan; set aside. In a skillet, saute peppers and onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the cream, crab, Swiss cheese, pepper mixture and salt. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews forCrabmeat Appetizer Cheesecake
"Fantastic if you like the taste of crab you will love this. Served it with toasted baguette slices and crackers a big hit. thanks"
"followed the directions to a "T" but it still came out really runny - the flavor was delicious but the consistancy was off"