Crab Wonton Cups Recipe
- 32 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Press wonton wrappers into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Spritz wrappers with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, cream, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce until smooth. Stir in the crab, green onions and red pepper; spoon into wonton cups. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until filling is heated through. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 appetizers.
1 each: 77 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Crab Wonton Cups
"Sounds great. Has anyone baked the wonton wrappers a day ahead? Do they stay crisp enough to then fill and bake off the next day? Thanks for any help."
"Used canned crab. Really easy but looks fancy and tastes great!"
"I used imitation crab and it worked out great! Everyone loved them."
"Really good!! It made a lot! They were very easy to make and they had the perfect blend of sweet and savory. I didn't have the pouches of crab, but used 2 cans of pink crab. They are beautiful and perfect for a party! Make these, you'll be happy!"
"These were quite tasty and relatively easy to make."
"Wow, I can't wait to make these, they sound wonderful. I will be serving at my dinner party scheduled in two weeks! Thanks Taste of Home!"