If your gang loves sushi like mine does, they’ll enjoy this California-style dip of crab and nori. For a Texas version, add avocado and jalapeno. —Kristina Arrieta, Point Venture, Texas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound imitation crabmeat
- 2 nori sheets
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared wasabi
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Additional thinly sliced green onions
- Rice crackers
- Place crab in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut nori into small pieces. In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, green onions and wasabi. Stir in crab and nori.
- Shape crab mixture into a disk; place on a shallow serving plate. Pour soy sauce around disk. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Crab Sushi Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p226