- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound fresh or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Dash paprika
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until blended; gradually stir in the milk. Add chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, mayonnaise and hot pepper sauce.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Melt the remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over crab mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Reviews forCrab Supreme
"We were totally unimpressed and I followed the recipe exactly."
"I wanted something that would be special but not take too much time to make. We enjoyed eating this with crackers, celery & tortilla chips. My husband loved it!"