Crab-Stuffed Tilapia Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 packages (3.53 ounces each) premium crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1/4 cup butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, pimientos and seafood seasoning. Spread 1/3 cup crab mixture over fillets. Roll up each from the pointed end; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over fish. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard toothpicks. Spoon pan juices over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed tilapia: 608 calories, 47g fat (21g saturated fat), 248mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Tilapia
"Way too plain. I even added a few extra spices on the fish. Lemon juice lime juice an paprika. Just on the fish for flavor. Let it do an in then added the stuffing. Not enough taste . Needs something I just can't figure out what but I will and next time minus mayo use beef broth like I do in my stuffed flounder with shrimp stuffing. Their almost the same recipe minus the egg and mayo. Replace with broth . I'll retry with additionsI suggest adding flavors if your making this it's really bland. Good carb wise for diabetics but not tasty. They suffer enough if they're doing it right so I don't minus the taste for them . This one's just not good. I gave it 3 stars cause it gave me ideas on how to make it better plus it's not horrible. It could taste bad it doesn't it just needs spices plus the changes I mentioned."
"This was SO delicious! It was just my husband and I, so I cut the entire recipe in half. There was so much filling, I couldn't really "roll" the tilapia, more like just fold it over. Didn't matter, this was beyond delicious. I skipped the pimientos because we didn't have any. For the seafood seasoning, I used Old Bay. I added in a little extra to the mixture, then sprinkled a bit on top. Next time I have extra crab, I'm definitely making this again."
"Outstanding! Definitely restaurant quality. Excellent flavors - this was fabulous. Made it exactly as is - I'm sure there are many little tweaks one can add to adjust to personal preferences, but as this stands it is fabulous and just what I was looking for for the perfect New Years Eve dinner. Thank you so much!!!"
"absolutely yummy, the only changes i made were substituting red pepper for the pimento and doubled the old bay"
"This "recipe" is sadly lacking in my opinion.even if I knew what seafood seasoning was. Two very plain-tasting proteins, tilapia and crab?"
"It was very good. I substituted a sautéed red bell pepper for pimientos because I don't care for them."
"Delicious! I used diced jalapeno and red bell pepper instead of celery and pimiento for extra kick. I also increased the Old Bay seasoning since the original amount seemed to lack a little for my taste."
"easy to make! Substituted olive oil instead of butter. Yummy ; )"
"This was easy and delicious. I made a slight change to the recipe; Instead of rolling the fillet/ stuffing mixture, I placed 1 3 oz. fillet in the pan, spread 1/4 of the mixture on it and covered with another 3 oz. fillet."
"I made this for my family when they were visiting from out of town. We all loved it. It was so delicious! Plus, it's so easy. It's really hard to beat a dish that is so yummy and so simple to make."