"These crunchy appetizers have a wonderful crabmeat flavor and make an attractive addition to your nibble tray. Plus, they're simple to prepare. —Agnes Ward, Stratford,Ontario
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or seafood cocktail sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 16 fresh snow peas
- In small bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, chili sauce, salt, pepper sauce and pepper.
- Place snow peas in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 30 seconds for until softened. Drain and immediately place snow peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- With a sharp knife, split pea pods along the curved edges. Spoon 1 tablespoon of crab mixture into each. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Snow Peas in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p27
Reviews forCrab-Stuffed Snow Peas
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2009
"Since we don't like spicy foods, I omit the pepper and pepper sauce. Delicious!! I'm so glad to have another way to serve crab, and the pea "boats" sneak in a veggie!"