- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 5 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 roasted sweet red pepper halves, drained
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place caps on a greased baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic; brush over mushrooms. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine crab and mayonnaise. Place a red pepper half on each mushroom; top with crab mixture. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCrab-Stuffed Portobellos
"Absolutely delicious. I also made them on the grill using the same technique. Fabulous!"
"This is a wonderful recipe when you want to impress some guests. easy to make and delicious!"
"easy, Delicious! I added Parmesan cheese to the crab/mayo mix and used Mozzarella on top since I didn't have Provolone. It was great! I will be anxious to taste it with Provolone, too!"
"I will definitely make these again. I cooked these exactly as the recipe said and they are delish. And no you do not have to cut out the gills, the cheese on top holds it all in. And the garlic olive oil did not burn on the shrooms. But I cooked mine on low broil."
"Alrighty ... superb. High tens all around from my family. (I tripled the recipe.)Because I wasn't sure about the garlic oil, I brushed it on the insides and rims of the mushrooms, and sprayed the caps with a little olive oil spray.Another thing the recipe could more specific about is to say "remove stems and GILLS." If you don't remove the gills, there is no room for the filling.But ... they were delicious. One daughter said it was the best meal I've cooked so far this year (back-handed compliment, right?). They want me to make these again next week ....Thanks to Pat Ford for this recipe for a new family favorite. :-)"
"Annabelle ... I'm making these tonight, and I had the very same question. I wish the recipe had been more clear about that. I'm just going to brush the insides. Since the oil is mixed with garlic, it seems like the garlic could burn if the mixture is brushed on the outside? Will be back after dinner with a rating. And, drat, I forgot to buy roasted red peppers, so now I have to make a dash to the grocery store."
"I won't even consider making a recipe until I have read reviews--and I copy the most helpful to me when I print the recipe!!"
"Does anyone read these reviews?Did you brush the inside or the outside with the oil?Thanks."
"We loved it but I had t wonder about brushin the garlic oil. I did it on the inside but I wondered if it should have ben the outside to coat the under part of the mushroom.What did you do? Thanks."
"Very easy to make. Excellent flavor. Use qualitity cheese for the best taste. Make this on its own, or pares well with steak , or as an appetizer. Excellent."