Crab-Stuffed Mini Puffs
These tender puffs from our home economists feature a fast mouthwatering seafood spread. Because of their smaller size, the savory bites are an ideal addition to brunch buffets, spring luncheons or parties.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- CRAB FILLING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, shredded
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth and shiny.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open; remove and discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs completely.
- For filling, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, salt, dill, lemon juice and pepper in a bowl. Fold in the crab. Fill bottom halves of puffs; replace tops. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 302 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 554mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Mini Puffs in Quick Cooking March/April 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.