Crab-Stuffed Marinated Mushrooms
“This recipe was given to me by a friend and I've made it many times over the years,” writes Shirley Doyen from Yorba Linda, California. "It's easy, quick to put together and always well-liked.” Who'd guess that it's lower in fat, too?
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Remove mushroom stems; discard or save for another use. Place mushroom caps in a large resealable plastic bag; add Italian dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, crab, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, onion and lemon juice. Drain and discard marinade; stuff mushroom caps with crab mixture.
- Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat.
Originally published as Crab Stuffed Mushrooms in Light & Tasty February/March 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.