- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 pouches (3.53 ounces each) premium crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Minced fresh parsley
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the crab, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, lemon-pepper, pepper and garlic powder. Drain manicotti; stuff with crab mixture. Spread 1/4 cup sauce in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining sauce over top.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCrab-Stuffed Manicotti
"This was really good. I used a combination of crabmeat and clams."
"I thought the sauce needed a little zing, added 1/2 t. garlic salt, and added 1 t. lemon juice to crab mixture. That did the trick. Someone ate the last of my Mozz. cheese so had to leave that out. It was still a really good dish. Had some filling & sauce left over, will put that in a hot pasta dish for lunch."
"Good recipe but I found the sauce to be a little bland. Will definitely make it again but will experiment with more spices for more flavour."
"too much crab, not enough cheese, so I'm adjusting,"
"This was very easy to assemble. We thoroughly enjoyed it. It will make an excellent Lenten meal."