Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with crab. Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and basil. Roll chicken in crumb mixture; set remaining mixture aside.
- Place chicken in a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Turn the chicken; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and cook for 2-3 longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; heat, uncovered, for 30-60 seconds or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve over pasta if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 328 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1165mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Mar 22, 2012
The recipe was very filling. I used imitation crab. I did not care for the flavor but that may have been due to the imitation crab that I used. I used an off brand that I was not familiar with. My other half said the crab did nothing for the recipe. Thus, we will not be making this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.