Crab-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Invert onto paper towels to drain. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Stuff tomatoes; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 53 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 16, 2015
I did think this was good but needed a bit more zip. I added more salt and some white pepper plus a bit more dill and I had some fresh chives so threw that in as well. It did make more stuffing then I had tomatoes for but I simply spread the filling on slices of toasted bread and it was delicious. I have also made tis using shrimp in lieu of crab and it was really good.
Feb 4, 2015
Sep 14, 2014
After wanting to make this for a long time I finally found the right cherry tomatoes at a local farmers market. The only thing I changed was I subbed Louis Kemp crab for the canned crab. This is a little bland. I did not add salt. Maybe will add celery salt next time or some Mrs. Dash. It is time consuming, longer than 25 min. that's for sure. Have quite a bit of stuffing left over.