- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Cut a thin slice off tops of tomatoes and carefully scoop out insides; invert on paper towels to drain. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Stuff tomatoes; place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCrab-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
"I did think this was good but needed a bit more zip. I added more salt and some white pepper plus a bit more dill and I had some fresh chives so threw that in as well. It did make more stuffing then I had tomatoes for but I simply spread the filling on slices of toasted bread and it was delicious. I have also made tis using shrimp in lieu of crab and it was really good."
"After wanting to make this for a long time I finally found the right cherry tomatoes at a local farmers market. The only thing I changed was I subbed Louis Kemp crab for the canned crab. This is a little bland. I did not add salt. Maybe will add celery salt next time or some Mrs. Dash. It is time consuming, longer than 25 min. that's for sure. Have quite a bit of stuffing left over."