Here's a quick and zesty way to make tender crab cakes. Top your sandwich with avocado or pickles, or skip the bun and serve it on a bed of lettuce instead. —Margaret Lowenberg, Kingman, Arizona
Recommended: 5-Star Grilling Recipes You've Gotta Try
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 saltines, crushed
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Fold in crabmeat; let stand for 5 minutes. Shape mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice. Serve patties on buns with lettuce, tomato and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p27
Reviews forCrab Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2014
"Completely tasteless. Will not make this again."