Crab Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce
Here's a quick and zesty way to make tender crab cakes. Top your sandwich with avocado or pickles, or skip the bun and serve it on a bed of lettuce instead. —Margaret Lowenberg, Kingman, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 saltines, crushed
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Fold in crabmeat; let stand for 5 minutes. Shape mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice. Serve patties on buns with lettuce, tomato and sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 404 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1046mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Crab Cakes with Horseradish Sauce in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.