Crab Sandwiches with Horseradish Sauce for Two
Here’s a quick and zesty way to make tender crab cakes. Top your sandwich with avocado or pickles, or skip the bun and serve it on a bed of lettuce instead. Margaret Lowenberg - Kingman, AZ
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30
- 5 saltines, crushed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 pouches (3.53 ounces each) premium crabmeat, drained
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 sandwich buns, split
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Fold in crabmeat; let stand for 5 minutes. Shape mixture by 1/2 cupfuls into 1/2-in.-thick patties. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, horseradish and lemon juice. Serve patties on buns with lettuce, tomato and sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 349 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1214mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.