Crab Rice Primavera
"I try to take a lunch to work as often as possible," writes Keyport, New Jersey's Michelle Armistead. "This colorful taste entree reheats so well that its leftovers have become one of my all-time brown-bag favorites."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups frozen vegetable blend (broccoli, red pepper, onions and mushrooms))
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 pound flaked imitation crabmeat
- 1-1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large saucepan, bring vegetables and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in milk, Parmesan cheese, butter, basil, garlic powder and crab. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 325 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Crab Rice Primavera in Quick Cooking May/June 2001