Crab Rangoon Canapes
I love crab rangoon, but try to avoid fried food. This has all the flavors of the classic dish, only with fewer calories. It's a great summer appetizer. You can usually find wonton strips at the store with the croutons and other salad toppings. —Cheryl Woodson, Liberty, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup wonton strips
- Cut each cucumber into eight thick slices. Scoop out centers, leaving bottoms intact.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, crab, green onion, salt and garlic powder. Spoon 1 tablespoon into each cucumber slice. Sprinkle with paprika; top with wonton strips.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 44 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 123mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Crab Rangoon Canapes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.