Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 6 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; stir in 2 tablespoons mayonnaise. Add crab and mix well. Shape into four patties. In a large skillet, cook patties in butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place the English muffins on a baking sheet. Spread with remaining mayonnaise. Top with tomato, crab patties and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Aug 6, 2017
These are really good for a light summer dinner. I served them with pasta salad.
Jan 26, 2015
I love this recipe, but don't serve it with the english muffin.
Mar 18, 2014
I exchanged sour cream for the mayo ( our family is not crazy about hot mayo). I shaped into patties and baked instead of fried. Delicious! As like cyounce's review, we also call them "Crabbie Patties". LOL!
Jan 13, 2011
My family enjoyed these for a light dinner. I used hamburger buns since I didn't have English muffins on hand. Also left out the red pepper because I didn't have that either. I called them "Crabbie Patties" from the Spongebob cartoon & my son thought that was great.