“I make this salad when it's hot outside and we're looking for something quick and simple for dinner,” says Gail VanGundy. The Parker, Colorado cook likes to serve hers with butter crackers.
Recommended: 15 Tea Sandwich Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, cut into wedges
- 6 pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Divide the salad greens, crab, tomatoes, eggs and olives between two serving plates. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over salads. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crab Louis in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p23