Becky Moldenhauer of La Crescent, Minnesota lightened up the creamy sauce for this delicious seafood pasta dish after seeing it in a cookbook. “My entire family loves it,” she notes. “In fact, they always ask for seconds.”
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in milk and evaporated milk; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until reduced to about 1-1/3 cups, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- In a skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the crab, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain linguine; place in a serving bowl. Toss with Parmesan cheese and remaining butter. Add sauce and toss to coat.