Crab & Herb Cheese Filet Mignon
Save the money you’d spend on going out for surf and turf. Instead, treat your clan to thick-cut steaks stuffed with garlic-herb cheese spread and fresh crabmeat. It’s a home-cooked entree that looks and tastes like it came from a four-star restaurant! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Broil: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups fresh crabmeat
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) garlic-herb spreadable cheese, divided
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine crab and 3/4 cup spreadable cheese in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal pocket in each steak. Fill each pocket with 1/3 cup crab mixture. Place steaks on a greased broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), spooning the remaining cheese over steaks during the last 2 minutes of broiling. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed steak: 558 calories, 34g fat (19g saturated fat), 197mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 60g protein.
Originally published as Crab Stuffed Filet Mignon in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips