Crab-Filled Veggie Bites Recipe
Whenever I go to a party, friends and family hope I bring these appetizers with me. The crab filling is also good piped onto celery or used as a cracker spread. Range the horseradish to suit your tastes. —Debbie Bloomer of Omaha, Nebraska
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 fresh snow peas
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup finely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spreadable cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, place snow peas in a small saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry. With a sharp knife, split each pea pod along the curved edge.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Fill tomatoes and peas with crab mixture; arrange on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 piece: 14 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Crab-Filled Veggie Bites
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC