Whenever I go to a party, friends and family hope I bring these appetizers with me. The crab filling is also good piped onto celery or used as a cracker spread. Range the horseradish to suit your tastes. —Debbie Bloomer of Omaha, Nebraska
Recommended: Veggie Burger Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 fresh snow peas
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup finely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- Cut the top of each tomato; scoop out pulp with a small spoon and discard. Invert tomatoes on paper towels to drain; let stand for 1-3 hours.
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add snow peas. Bring to a boil. reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry; refrigerate.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Using a sharp knife, make a slit down the side of each pea pod. Fill peas and tomatoes with crab mixture. Arrange on a serving platter; cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab-Filled Veggie Bites in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p39