Whether served as an appetizer or alongside an entree, Karen Conklin's deviled eggs offer a welcomed change of pace. That's because the Santee, South Carolina reader fills them with a creamy combination that includes crabmeat, hot pepper sauce and a dash of cayenne.
Recommended: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon, onion, salt, hot pepper sauce and cayenne. Stir in crab until well combined. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Deviled Eggs in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p27