Crab-Egg Cracker Spread
This chunky spread always disappears in a twinkling at holiday gatherings. With plenty of crabmeat, hard-cooked eggs and a touch of hot sauce, its hearty kick goes great with crackers, chips or veggies. It was one of my father's very favorite appetizers. -Peggy West Geaorgetown, Delaware
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1-1/2 cups flaked fresh or 1-1/2 cups frozen crabmeat
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the crab and eggs. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 112 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Crab-Egg Cracker Spread in Taste of Home December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.